John C. Cheng E. is Managing Partner of Grant Thornton Cheng y Asociados, with more than 28 years of experience in audit and accounting. He is a Certified Public Accountant in the Republic of Panama. Since 2000 he has held the role of Managing Partner.
In 1999 Mr. Cheng graduated from the Instituto Centroamericano de Administraction de Empresas (INCAE) with an MBA. He graduated from Florida State University in 1989 where he obtained a Bachelor of Science degree with an accounting specialty. He Graduated from Colegio Javier in 1984 where he earned the title of Bachiller en Ciencias, Letras y Filosofía. Speaks fluent Spanish and English.
Professional and Volunteer Afiliations:
- Member and ex-president 2011-2013 of the College of Certified Public Accountants of Panama
- Member of the Panama Chamber of Commerce
- Member of the Chinese-Panamanian Association (Agrupación Chino Panameña)
- Member of the Fundacion Pro Integracion
- Treasurer of the Instituto Panameño de Educación por Radio (IPER)